We all know and love Peppermint Essential Oil! It’s a tried and true member of any oily enthusiast’s collection. The invigorating, herbaceous scent perks up the senses, while increasing focus and concentration. Therapeutically, Peppermint is known for a wide variety of benefits including…
- Analgesic (relieves pain)
- Antiseptic (slows growth of micro-organisms, prevents infection)
- Astringent (contracts skin cells and body tissue)
- Carminative (relieves flatulance)
- Cholagogue (promotes discharge of bile)
- Cordial (tastes and smells pleasant)
- Digestive (promotes breakdown of food)
- Expectorant (encourages release of sputum)
- Febrifuge (redices fever)
- Insecticide (repels bugs)
- Nervine (soothes the nervous system)
- Sedative (promotes calm and induces rest)
- Stomachic (increases appetite)
- Vasoconstrictor (constricts blood vessels)
- Vermifuge (dispells parasites)
As a hydrosol, we can enjoy the medicinal power of Peppermint, but in a way that is more gentle to the user. (Peppermint Essential Oil is extremely potent, and for that reason it is not recommended for direct use on the skin or with children.) Wondering how you can use Peppermint Hydrosol to your benefit? Here are some of our favorite methods below…
As an Aromatic Spray
Peppermint is known as a nervine, which means that it relaxes the nervous system. Relieve tension and stress while promoting happiness and positivity anytime with this simple spritz.
To Use: Spray this botanical concoction into the air, onto surfaces, clothing, bedding, or even yourself to enjoy the minty fresh aroma!
As a Facial Tonic
Of course, you would never use undiluted Peppermint Essential Oil directly on the skin! (And if you have, then you definitely know what I’m talking about.) But fortunately, Peppermint Hydrosol lets us enjoy all the astringent benefits of this aromatic plant medicine in a way that is safe and gentle to enjoy.
To Use: Rejuvenate a dull, dry, lackluster complexion with a light facial mist. Also recommended as an aftershave.
As a Foot Tonic
Since it is an analgesic, Peppermint provides a pain-relieving sensation that is great for soothing for sore muscles and irritating itches. It is also known to increase blood circulation, which something your feet may not be getting enough of if you sit a lot during the day. Additionally, Peppermint Hydrosol is used to help with bacteria, fungus, and other funky stuff that keep your feet from feeling their best.
To Use: Spray on feet after a long, hard day, or any time you want to show them some extra love. You can also mix a few tablespoons with water in a foot bath.
As a Digestive Aid
Many people find Peppermint Hydrosol to be an effective, holistic treatment for dealing with heartburn, gas, bloating, and other issues related to indegestion— even Chron’s disease. It helps move bile and other gastric material through the gut to keep a healthy, digestive flow, while also bringing balance to the delicate microbiome. It is also commonly used to treat intestinal worms and parasites.
To Use: Add 3 TBSP to a tall glass of cold water and drink to enjoy!
* Disclaimer: Please be cautious when consuming any aromatherapeutic products including essential oils and hydrosols. Do your own research to find out if this may or may not be the best method for you.
From head to toe, inside and out, Peppermint Hydrosol can be used for so many great benefits! If you are feeling called to have this high-frequency plant medicine in your life, find it in our online store…