The branches and the berries of the Juniper, a coniferous tree, have been used for healing and spiritual purposes since ancient times. Juniper Berries have even been found in ancient Egyptian tombs, and is said to be one of the earliest plants on this planet. Juniper Berry is a very cleansing, purifying essential oil a wonderful detoxifier.
- Botanical Name: Juniperus Communis
- Botanical Family: Cupressaceae
- Derived From: Berries of the Juniper Tree
- Origin: Hungary
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
- Aroma: Crisp, woody, sweet, earthy with almost a hidden fruity note
- Physical Description: Thin, Clear
- Reiki Charged: All of the essential oils offered by Miracle Botanicals are Reiki charged by Hope Johnson. The Juniper Berry essential oil offered here has been charged with the intent to uplift, cleanse and purify.
-Plant Properties: Antiseptic, astringent, antispasmodic, cleanser, detoxifier, digestive stimulant and cleanser, diuretic, stimulant, promotes nerve regeneration and tonic.
- Emotions: Juniper Berry Essential Oil is known to be calming and to help ease stress without acting as a sedative.
- Skincare: Juniper Berries are a natural antiseptic, as is the essential oil and can be used to help heal acne when used at low dilutions in skincare applications. Juniper oil will also help speed up the healing of scars and prevent wrinkles. Juniper Berry is effective for cellulite, acting as a detoxifier and helping the body release excess fluids. .
- Physical: Internally, Juniper Berry oil can be taken in very small amounts acting as a diuretic for cystitis and to detoxify the body. It is also very effective to use in Juniper Berry tea mixed with Fennel Seed and Rosemary herb. Juniper Berry Oil is used for problems with obesity, urinary infections, skin problems, arthritis or gout. To improve memory it can be helpful to inhale the scents of Juniper Berry and Rosemary mixed together. Juniper Berry Oil can also be used for relief from colds, flus, and hemorrhoids.
- Spiritual: The Old Testament references the Juniper Tree several times as the broom tree, a variety of Juniper that grows in Palestine. The broom tree was known to cleanse, purify and eliminate what is not true.
Native Americans used juniper berries for medicinal purposes and also burned the berries to cleanse and purify the air.
Juniper Berry Oil is wonderful to use in mediation as it instills willpower and confidence and also encourages movement and openness as you release negativity and unwanted energy.
Juniper Berry Oil can be used for protection, cleansing and purifying your body and mind, as well as a space.
- First Chakra: Represents Courage, Passion, and Loyalty. Survival and Support.
- Third Chakra: Solar Plexus, allows us to feel our inner strength and personal power.
- Physical Berries: The berries are green when young and mature to a deep purple-black color over eighteen months.
- Oil: Thin, Clear
- Etheric: Violet
Contraindications: Avoid during pregnancy and if you have kidney problems. Can create kidney problems if use for six weeks straight. Best to use occasionally or use six weeks and then take two weeks off.
Methods of Usage:
For cellulite or arthritis mix together Juniper Berry Oil with Rosemary and Lemon and use in an alcohol rub or skin compress.
Add a few drops of Juniper Berry Oil to a bath for urinary problems, genital warts, itchy vulva, or jock itch.
For skin brushing add five drops of juniper berry oil in one ounce of white vinegar to a loofah or skin brush and massage all over body.
For arthritis or gout make a massage oil with five drops of Juniper Berry to one ounce of olive oil and massage several times daily.
- 1st (Root) Chakra Profile
The first spiraling energy center, or chakra, in our body is the root chakra, also known as the base chakra. The Sanskrit name of the 1st chakra is “muladhara,” which means base or root. This chakra controls the grounding energy that connects and empowers our earth energies and overall being. The root chakra caters to ...
- 2nd (Sacral) Chakra Profile
The second spiraling energy center in our being is the Sacral Chakra. The Sanskrit name for this chakra is “Svadhisthana,” which means, “dwelling place of the self.” The second chakra focuses on passion and emotional health and well being. A balanced sacral chakra will lead to ultimate communication with all other chakras. Location The sacral chakra is ...
- 3rd (Solar Plexus) Chakra
The third spiraling energy center in our being is the Solar Plexus Chakra. The Sanskrit name for this chakra is “Manipura,” which means, “lustrous gem.” The solar plexus chakra relates to our personal fire connecting and relating with the world around us. The third chakra is our power center that produces the fire in the ...
- 4th (Heart) Chakra Profile
The fourth spiraling energy center in our being is the Heart Chakra. The Sanskrit name for this chakra is “Anahata,” which means, “stillness.” The heart chakra is in the middle of all the chakras and is our main emotional center. When the heart chakra is balanced, it is able to help propel our emotional development ...
- 5th (Throat) Chakra Profile
The fifth spiraling energy center in our being is the Throat Chakra. The Sanskrit name for this chakra is “Vishuddha,” which means, “Purity.” The fifth chakra is the first chakra that focuses on the spiritual plane, in a form of faith and understanding, for when it is open and balanced, the chakra syncs the powers ...
- 6th (Third Eye) Chakra Profile
The sixth spiraling energy center in our being is the Third Eye Chakra. The Sanskrit name for the sixth chakra is Ajna, which means “beyond wisdom” and “the perception center.” The Third Eye Chakra involves intuition, clairvoyance, imagination, mental abilities, reasoning abilities, and wisdom. This chakra holds the power of the merging of your intuitive brain ...
- 7th (Crown) Chakra Profile
The seventh spiraling energy center in the body is the crown chakra. The Sanskrit name for the crown chakra is “Sahasrara,” which means thousand petaled lotus or infinite. The seventh chakra is located at the crown of all of the other chakras and represents the connection with the infinite or universe. The crown chakra ...